Where do you get another water temp port

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marcos

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 94 5.7, where do you get another port so I can run a temp switch to run my electric fan? The one on the intake manifold is already taken or something, I notice one on the head that is being used too. Are there any others? I was using a fan controller but the temp probe kind and it took a **** on me, so right now I am using a manual switch, but I just want it to run on a temp switch.

What can I do?

Fast 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is there a plug between and below 1&3 exhaust ports on the head, if so you can put it there.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a plug on each head, one is between 1&3 exhaust ports, theres also one on the opposite head between the 6 & 8 exhaust ports. its probably sealed with a pipe plug. it may be kinda dirty and hard to find as well since the truck is older. but you'll need a 5/16 square pipe plug socket to get it out. for me it was a pain to try and find one, but harbor freight had a set with the correct size in it. I can't find it on their website now though. also use some PB blaster or something to help when you try to take it off.

if that doesn't work for you, you can get thermostat housings which have a threaded port cast into them.

Marcos

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There is a plug on each head, one is between 1&3 exhaust ports, theres also one on the opposite head between the 6 & 8 exhaust ports. its probably sealed with a pipe plug. it may be kinda dirty and hard to find as well since the truck is older. but you'll need a 5/16 square pipe plug socket to get it out. for me it was a pain to try and find one, but harbor freight had a set with the correct size in it. I can't find it on their website now though. also use some PB blaster or something to help when you try to take it off.

if that doesn't work for you, you can get thermostat housings which have a threaded port cast into them.

Yep....that's what I was going to suggest. They have 2 threaded ports in them.

Too bad my alternator is in the way, thats the way I wanted to run it to begin with but couldn't find a housing that would work/