When it rains, it hesitates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mjleg

Ya...I Like Trucks
Reaction score
So I went to hit up Canadian Tire and get some oil and what not. It is raining, has been for a few hours at least and my truck has been sitting all day in it. When I first start it up it has a rough idle, and it hesitates for a while until it gets up to temperature. If i put my foot into it a little bit, the tach kind of jerks its way up and stops up and stops type thing but still speeds up, it just kind of sputters a bit. It doesn't do this when it isn't wet.

Anyone ever had this?! Its weird.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Distributor cap and rotor need to be replaced.

mjleg

Ya...I Like Trucks
Reaction score
Cool. I have a stock 305, not really planning to do anything to it. Should I just get standard parts? Or is it worth it to buy fancy rotor cap and wires?

mjleg

Ya...I Like Trucks
Reaction score
Okay, just looked online, there is tons of options. So I will change my question, what should I get for a stock 305 that I am not really planning to do anything to? I have never changed one before but can usually figure things out.

daddy_dandy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Doesn't really matter. I always buy a few at a time and keep at least one in my truck. I've been dead on the road a couple times because of a bad cap.

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
should do plugs while you are in there. other than that it is straight forward.

mjleg

Ya...I Like Trucks
Reaction score
A few? Aren't they like 150 bucks?

The plugs look like ******** to get out but I suppose I will give it all a shot...

QuickOrange

Reaction score
I believe he means the cap and the rotor, not the distributor itself. Caps cost between $10-$25 from NAPA (at least around here).

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
Autozone has them for 15-30 including performance sets by MSD and Mallory