WHEELS!? 12" width??? Plz Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm about to order up my wheels and tires and need to know what width i can run. I want to do 20x12 fuel octane wheels but have no idea if they will fit and if they do how far they will stick out?

Im only going to get the octanes if i can run the deep 12" anything less and the octanes look like ****... in my opinion.

They'd be going on a 97 z71 with a 3" BL and if needed a 1.5" or 2" block in the rear and a t bar crank. Running 33's for tires.

The 20x12 octanes are:

Size
20x12

Bolt Pattern
6x5.5

Offset

Back Spacing
4.75"

Deep
You must be registered for see images

Regular

The Truck

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
love deep dish wheels but wave bye bye to your front wheel bearings with 12 inch wide wheels and I hope you are gonna run 15 inch wide tires as well.

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
dont shake ur head at me im just trying to figure some **** out. Man some people are really no help at all on this site...

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm assuming I should just stick with 10" wide wheels and not get the octanes.. :(

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
dont shake ur head at me im just trying to figure some **** out. Man some people are really no help at all on this site...

Honestly, please dont ruin ur mint looking OBS with those wheels, they are gonna stick out.

Sorry its not the answer you want, but its the truth.

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thats all i was asking ... i like the look of deep rims but dont want my wheels sticking out more than a couple inches. I assumed 12" wheels would but really had no idea.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well better get 8's then. 10's are gonna stick out AT LEAST a couple inches, not to mention when tires are on them.

I aint got a prob. with either wheel I like chrome, the design aint my thing but I like chrome lol.

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My 95 had 18x8.5 with 0 offset which if I'm correct would have 4.25 backspacing. And they really only stuck out a little in the front.

So if i do 20x10's would i want around the same backspacing?

I want them to stick out more than my 95 to give it a wider stance so probably like 2"

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have no clue on that crap, now BS I understad and IMo if you got the same BS or close and went from an 8.5 to a 10 then it's stick out 1.5 more then the 8.5's did.