Wheel spacer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jhicks

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
98 c1500 3rd door

Ive googled and searched everywhere. ive read the difference in the aluminum the spacers are made of. but this dosnt actually help my case...

what im wanting to know is, has anyone ran the wheel spacers off ebay? good? bad? ugly?

Im mounting jeeps wheels on my truck and of course the front will not mount due to the fact I need spacers

I want to go 1.5" but I will go 2" if I have to. and of course im lowering the truck.

ive stalked dropped93's thread where he put spacers on his. but to no avail have I actually decided on what I SHOULD do.

any help is appreciated.

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I picked up my 2.5" spacers from eBay and they work fine. I had to get hubcentric rings to help out on centering them but I can't tell a difference from before I installed the spacers and now.

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
http://www.hubcentric-rings.com/why_hub_centric_rings/

I believe they were originally intended to give aftermarket wheels a better fit on the wheel hubs. In order for manufacturers to make wheels that fit a wide range of vehicles, they had to make the hub bores larger. These rings fill that gap between the hub and an aftermarket wheel to make them hubcentric, instead of just lugcentric. Coincidentally, they also work in this case for spacers as the rear hubs on my K2500 are 116.7 mm in diameter and the hub bore on the spacer is 130 mm.

jhicks

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah after I posted that I googled it. Thanks anyway though.

I was hoping someone with jeep wheels would chime in.

jhicks

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the option of getting wheels spacers as a gift. im putting 2013 jeep wheels on my truck with a 5x5 lug pattern. Same as my truck...

All im asking is do you guys recommend 1.5" or 2" wheels spacers? And is there any rubbing issues?

Im looking at 6061 t6 aluminium spacers on ebay. I just want to be sure I order the correct parts....

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you are going to lower it then 1.5"

I'm running those in the back with no issues... going to move them up front and run 2" in the rear... but I'm lifted..

Hope those wheels have enough BS for you to run with spacers

jhicks

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are going to lower it then 1.5"

I'm running those in the back with no issues... going to move them up front and run 2" in the rear... but I'm lifted..

Hope those wheels have enough BS for you to run with spacers

I ended up spending like an hour and half have doing some digging on the subject. From what I found 1.5" is perfect. Another guy on here has the wheels dropped on 1.5" inch spacers with no issues.

Thanks man. I do appreciate it.