What's this thing called under the dash? Need Pics!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4D2Envy

Reaction score
Ok.....So recently i've been having some issues with my turn signals not working properly, went under the dash to the junction box/BCM/Thingy the flasher plugs into. Anyway I kinda screwed up and forgot where the plugs that are color coded went so....I'm asking for someone to help me out. Also what is the legit name for this thing? I cannot find a picture of one anywhere that looks like mine. Info on my vehicle below, Thank you all!

1993 Silverado
5.7L TBI
4L60E Trans
Power Windows, Power Locks, Cruise.

Not sure what else would be needed but until then I hope someone can hook me up with a good picture of this thing so I can plug everything in without popping more fuses =/

Thanks GMT!

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
BCM....lolz, there's no BCM on a '93

The block you're referring to is generally called the convenience center, and if you already noted the plugs are color coded. Look at the printing on the block. The colors are indicated next to their sockets. BRN, ORN, GRN, etc.

Richard

4D2Envy

Reaction score
BCM....lolz, there's no BCM on a '93

The block you're referring to is generally called the convenience center, and if you already noted the plugs are color coded. Look at the printing on the block. The colors are indicated next to their sockets. BRN, ORN, GRN, etc.

Richard

I know it isn't referred to as a BCM I was just comparing it to a later model vehicle lol.

Yes I know the color coded slots and all but I have say 4 different oranges, 4 green, 3 or 4 white, and so on, And they all have pins sticking out of them yet. I could always just go through them one by one and check for voltage and what not, Figured I would look for the easy way out first.

I'll upload a picture of what I have currently. Currently I plugged the wires in on the slots with the least amount of dust covering them. Figuring that obviously if their clean and not dusty they must have just been unplugged.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Unfortunately all of these trucks have different options, so everyone will have different things plugged in to different spots. The only thing you can really do other than guess, is to use a test light and see which wires power what, and whether they get power all the time or just KOEO

4D2Envy

Reaction score
I understand, That's why I figured if I could find someone with the same trim and options I might get lucky, But yeah I said what the hell whipped out my Fluke multimeter and went to town.....Got it figured out and got the turn signals working again.

The initial issue was the top terminal for the flasher was pushed out, Causing it to work when it wanted.

Oh yeah and thank you O'reillys for selling me a flasher for a trailer, couldn't figure out why it wouldn't work until I looked at the packaging.