Whats the best sounding exhaust?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jkeaton

It’s been real
Reaction score
I've very happy with the sound of Cherrybomb Extremes. I plan on putting them on anything and everything I build.

"Best Sound?" we just finished an 1100+HP blown 454 for a 64 Vette at the shop I work for... dumped into open pipe 4" side pipes... HOLY MOTHER!!!! is it the most magical sound!

I bet that sounds awesome. Big engines built right sound good with just about any exhaust. Im partial to super traps on built engines. You can make them sound however you want.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
On my first GMT, I had a "very custom" true dual exhaust, had shorty headers with the flange bolted up, connected to a flex pipe, the cheap stuff you buy at advance auto, so I could swivel it out along under the rockers with straight pipe with cherry bombs all the way back . I think I have a picture of it somewhere. It trumpeted quite loudly, thats for sure

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Found it, if you look close, you can see the pipe with the cherry bomb.
You must be registered for see images attach

Parahdox

Reaction score
This is about the only thing upon which people can agree; that everyone's taste varies. Maybe the OP wants to hear what everyone's favorite setup is in this thread so that he can find out what he likes best.

I don't think I'd ever accentuate the sound of a 3/4 350. For a 305/350, it depends on the truck and the purpose.
This is exactly what i want to hear, whats everyone's favorite setup and how does it sound?

jkeaton

It’s been real
Reaction score
This is exactly what i want to hear, whats everyone's favorite setup and how does it sound?

Stock manifolds, Y-pipe, converter and mid-pipe. Summit straight through glass pack 3" inlet/3" outlet, 2-3/4" tailpipe exiting in the stock location. Sounds incredible. No drone at all.

James Hart

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

chadimus06

Reaction score
I've got 3" dual all the way to the back tires and 24" x 4" bells angled 45 out with factory cats no muffler and it sounds great

J_lope82

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Has any one used the super 50 delta flow?
Has any one used the Borla proxs or xr1?
I am also looking for something that does not sound like a straight pipe, quiet at cruise but loud at wot with minimum drone.

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
Has any one used the super 50 delta flow?
When I got the Yukon it had a Super 50 Delta Flow on it. It sounded pretty good, little to no drone and was fairly quiet unless you wanted to hear it, but I updated to two Super 40s and true duals. I think I have a video somewhere with the Super 50 on it if you want to hear it.