Whats needed here to finsh my 6.0 swap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bayou Bell

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to drop my 6.0 in I can go carbed or F.I. at the time being I havent made any changes, but my truck has a 700r4 in it and dont know if that will work as for as bolting up.

Also when can I get everything I need to make the swap go easy headers, motor mounts, etc?

bent

Reaction score
I just completed the swap in my 92 pulled out the 350 I used the 700r4 but only because it was a fresh rebuild.the transmission will bolt up to the ls bellhousing but you will have to leave one bolt out on the pass side. no big deal.
You will have to have a drive by wire motor or convert to drive by wire for the throttle valve cable from the 700r4. Bowtie overdrives has the parts needed for this. will also need a crankshaft spacer and bolts unless you have the 6.0 with the longer crankshaft because the torque converters are different between the 4l60e and 700r4. check out ls1truck.com there is all the info you need there just search there site. also check out lt1swap.com alot of info there also. very helpful.

i order my motor mounts from ebay and they worked fine i forget the name. you will need the 1" setback adapter plates and use your three bolt mounts off your old motor.