what's good for polishing stock wheels and diamond plate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You guys have any advice, tips, or products to use on some stock alloy wheels to polish them up, or to restore my diamond plate bed rail caps? I seen a few things on the net to try but they aint cheap, one being gord's polish, busch's super shine, and a few others. I was considering maguairs(sp?) hot wheels or some mothers power metal? I just aint sure if it cut it or not. They are pretty dull on the caps and the wheels are stock unpolished ones, I know I'llhave to sand them first.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nevr-Dull.

You must be registered for see images

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I seen that stuff before at wal-mart I think and wondered about it, also seen a product called duraglos or something was same type stuff chemically treated wadding. if I can find never dull I'll buy it and try it. Like I said I was gonna try mother's power metal or the hot wheels stuff. if them didn't work it be on to something else.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll definately give it a try, only reason I was gonna try the others was it being so dul and bad and I could use my electric buffer, or drill if need be.

Reaction score
I'll definately give it a try, only reason I was gonna try the others was it being so dul and bad and I could use my electric buffer, or drill if need be.

This will take some elbow grease and depending on the condition of the metal some time to polish all the crap out of it. My dad did his wheels on his street rod and easily had 8 hours into it. The nice thing is once you get all the crusted on crap off and polished up nice it won't take much to keep the metal looking good. Stay on top of cleaning your metal and each time will take less work to get a sweet finish.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's a good thread on the plates, someone said they may be clear coated, I know my tailgate cap is but I'm gonna try stripper on them all first before I polish anything. I was gonna try some laquer thinner, not sure how well that'd work.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok after internet searches, and some links from other sites, I found some cheap ways to try first, strip the clear if any, maybe wetsand and then polish with something like the above or mothers, maybe 000 steel wool pads and wd40 or something along those lines, and then some more expensive things like the gord's or bushc's polish.

I also seen that wal-mart has nevrdull but it's eagle one brand, and about $4.67 a can I'm gonna give it a shot.