what trans is good?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy4x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My trans is starting to act up and before anything really bad happens i wanna ask are monster transmissions or any other brand of trans good or should i just someone to rebuild it. I have look at monster and they seem like theyd be good but idk and what other brands are there.

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
Monster trans is awesome if you can swap them yourself. Their customer support will work with you to get you exactly what you want with the transmission. A little more expensive than a basic rebuild, but their quality and what not, are worth the few hundred extra. The day mine goes out, I'll be giving them a call.

91Bluestreak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did the monster in a box, there customer support was great. They made sure that I had everything I needed for my rebuild. It shifts great.

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
I've always preferred to buy a rebuild parts kit from Hughes or Delco from my buddy at GM and get my builder to put it together for me. I just don't trust someone I don't know doing work for me even though I have heard decent things about Monster's transmissions on their GM stuff but I can say their stall convertors ain't worth $.02. We went through 3 before giving up and getting a refund on a 4l80e 3k stall. Stick with the top names for stalls like P.I. or Art Carr

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I rebuilt my 700R4 with TCI internals and although I don't have many miles on it I am very happy with it, I used the race master overhaul because I had a B&M shift kit before.