What to expect for a rear window replacement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
I have recently broken the plexiglass that was in place of my slider in the slider window, and I was looking at a new solid back windshield. A local shop quoted me $300 for the window and replacement. I had liked it up prior and from LMC the solid rear window is 120ish iirc. I know it's a glue in style window, is this something that would be doable DIY? If not, is that high of a price fair for the window+labor?

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To me it sounds reasonable. And IMO when it comes to windshields and rear windows I would rather have it done professionally, that way they can be the ones to accidentally break it, fix it if it leaks.

Have people done them by themselves, definitely.

For what it's worth I paid 250 for a used windshield, installed, in my old 97

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
That makes me feel better about the price at least, I guess I'll have to buy a new chunk of plexiglass and deal with it until after I fix the body

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Price isn't bad. Maybe see if you can bring the price down if you take out the old window yourself.

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
I replaced the rear windown in my '96. Wasn't what I would call a fun job, but it was doable.

However for that price I would just pay to have it done, you will have to buy the sealant as well as the pinch weld primer (like $50 for all that IIRC) on top of the window price.

I had the luck (I guess you could call it that) of having someone bust out the rear window for me so I didn't have much of a removal process except for shop vaccing up some glass and cuttng out the old sealant.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that price is high, I get the windshields for these trucks installed for 190 thats for the glass new installed done

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
I'll have to check in some more shops then, there's a couple the next town over too I'll call and get a quote.