What the hell

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99z28monster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Put on some TSLs 38.50x14.50x15s on my truck yester day and the thing rides like crap. Nothing bad until I get around 50mph plus and all hell breaks loose. It feels like the damn things are going to fall off and bounces the hell out of the truck. These are radials and have been balanced. Are these tires just really bad for driving on the road?

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
big mud tires+ road = crappy ride no matter how good of suspension

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
While Swampers usually take a good bit of weight to balance out the ride shouldn't be that bad as far as a big heavy M/T is concerned but we're still going off opinion, what exactly is happening?

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well if it's still ifs that's alot of tire hanging out there on the hub, maybe the wheel bearings/hubs are singing their last song on ya.

99z28monster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
it feels like the issue is from the rear end of the truck. not really the front. I is like I am hauling ass down a rough dirt road, could it possibly be the body lift or some thing giving it more bounce that normal? never had an issue with the 35s.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you have you bars cranked? And if you have old worn out shocks on the back that could be it

redchevy914x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It could also be tire balance issue or something wrong with one of the rear tires that the person who balanced them didn't notice. I have balanced a lot of super swampers and all of them have taken quite a bit of weight to balance. Maybe the person who balanced them didnt get them fully balanced and just did a half assed job.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
balance, rear axle bearing or something, check lug nuts, check tire pressure.

and....

POST PICS ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

99z28monster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am thinking that they are not balanced well. I will get pics once I get a chance I have been tied up with work and the weather up here is not the best.