What Offset Wheel on lifted Chevy? Please Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adb5274.ab

Reaction score
I don't know where to post this but can anybody help me pick a wheel offset for my obs?!
I have a 94 Chevy 4x4 1500 rcsb that I am just about finished with and am about to order new wheels and tires for.
The truck has a 6in bracket lift and 3in body. I am looking to order 35x12.5x20 tires but don't know the width and offset wheel I need!
I would like to keep the tread exposure outside the fenders at the absolute minimum. I got a quote for some XD Monsters 20x9 18mm offset to keep the tread tucked underneath the fenders but the guy that quoted me said this in the email:

"Personally I think you're going to experience rubbing with the +18 offset because it's outside of your offset range and you're going with 12.5" wide tires. I would recommend the 20x10 with -12 offset for this setup."
"I understand your concern but your '94 K-1500's offset range is +0 to +15 meaning anything below +0 will stick out past the fenders. The 12.5" wide tires might cause rubbing on your control arm if they're at too high of an offset because of how wide they are and a +18 is going above your offset range so it's even more likely to cause rubbing.
The -12 offset is going to make the wheels stick out about a half inch past the fenders and the tires a little more on top of that. The +18 would work a little better on your 2014 Silverado 1500 but it's still probably going to cause rubbing."

Id like to tuck them under the fenders as much as possible without rubbing

I plan on running these tires and wheels on a 2014 chevy with 8in lift as well.

I just want to know what everyone else in running before I spend a couple grand on the wrong set up!
Thanks!