What is this vacuum port

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dylan5299

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure what it is but it hisses at me when I start my engine

You must be registered for see images attach

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you have a valve on your heater lines?

A vacuum line connects it to a solenoid on the firewall. A second vacuum line (red arrow) then goes from the solenoid, across the top of the intake and connects to that PCV valve port in your picture.

But, that heater valve and solenoid were, supposedly, only used on Tahoes and gas engine Suburbans.

Here it is on my 98 Tahoe with the hard vacuum line running to the solenoid:

The one on my 98 K1500 (which does not have a heater valve) has the correct fitting for the PCV without the outlet for the heater valve solenoid vacuum line.

If you don't have the heater valve, either swap out the PCV fitting or stick a vacuum cap on that outlet. If you can find one long enough, try to use a hose clamp on it. A parts store should have a packet of the caps in various sizes.

https://m.autozone.com/fittings-and...1106!&ef_id=Whr39AAABEd5WFa6:20171126172052:s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dylan5299

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah no valve on my heater line. I did just put this engine in that came off a 99 Tahoe so that should explain it. Good to know I just cap it off. I appreciate it.