What is this hose? (Possible fuel leak)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been smelling gas something fierce last few times ive ran to get chicken feed. at one point, the fuel line to the sensor (forget what its cLled; just beside the throttlebdy) was sending too much fuel / had come unplugged. Well now it seems like same issue.

found a barb hose broken off on the front.. but idk what its for. at one time idk why but i think it was a vent?

anyway. Let me know what yal think.

Attachments

• IMG_5743.jpeg
    IMG_5743.jpeg
    382.2 KB · Views: 17

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been smelling gas something fierce last few times ive ran to get chicken feed. at one point, the fuel line to the sensor (forget what its cLled; just beside the throttlebdy) was sending too much fuel / had come unplugged. Well now it seems like same issue.

found a barb hose broken off on the front.. but idk what its for. at one time idk why but i think it was a vent?

anyway. Let me know what yal think.
I think that one goes to the EVAP canister.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so i guess 2 new barbs and some tubing.. on the evap i guess i will see where it routes back to ?

Attachments

• IMG_5745.jpeg
    IMG_5745.jpeg
    179.9 KB · Views: 10

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so i guess 2 new barbs and some tubing.. on the evap i guess i will see where it routes back to ?
It’s a hose from your TBI -> charcoal EVAP canister -> fuel tank.

I used NiCopp to run my line from the tank to the EVAP.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
If you look at the top of the canister, the ports are labeled. TANK, AIR CLEANER (not connected, capped), and PURGE. The purge line goes to that port on your TBI immediately next to the large port for the PCV. The tank line goes to to the vent port on the fuel sender. This is the arrangement 1988-1993. For 1994-1995 the purge line has a purge solenoid introduced between the TBI and canister.

Richard

Last edited: