what else for performance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wouldnt belt routing be the same, just minus the water pump pulley and add a shorter belt?

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Wouldnt belt routing be the same, just minus the water pump pulley and add a shorter belt?

Yes and no. The electric motor jutting out of the pump may or may not interfere with belt. And when you take out the pulley that is in the center of your routing system, it will change where the belt has to go to route properly as far as ribbed or smooth side being up or down where it has to be, if that makes sense, as well as your tensioner working properly and everything turning the direction it should (Alternator, PS pump) .Without having actually done it, I can't speak for sure, but I have considered it and mapped it out on my truck. There is-at least on mine-a tapped bolt hole that is not used just under the A/C compressor that looks alot like the one your idler is bolted to. You may be able to run a second smooth idler to compensate for the loss of the water pump pulley, and where it is located doesn't look to me like it will interfere with the water pump motor

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you also have longevity questions with an electric water pump, there's alot more that can go wrong with them than a standard one. the recent E-pumps are better than they have been in the past, but its still a question that deserves some attention depending on the use of the vehicle.

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
you also have longevity questions with an electric water pump, there's alot more that can go wrong with them than a standard one. the recent E-pumps are better than they have been in the past, but its still a question that deserves some attention depending on the use of the vehicle.

Very true. personally I chose to keep my factory one. Not really a point in an electric one unless you're looking for every last pony, which on a street vehicle is kind of pointless

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
He already has a tune.... "BB Tune" means tune....

Totally missed that.

Now that its been pointed out, how much did it wake up your truck?

-Via Mobile-

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Custom tune, then you should get a custom tune. Another thing to look into would be a custom time.

And one last thing before I forget, you night want to look into getting a custom tune.

-Via Mobile-

:rofl: after all that he already stated he had one.

Sent from my Vortec Powered iPhone using Tapatalk

nortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I love the tune and I have had 5 bb tunes so far. It needs new gears bad

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
a stall will help some.. but being a TBI motor there isnt alot you can do to make it better with out going with a vortec long block.. the roller cam and way better heads you would see a ton more power..