What are these for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I see some wires that are not connected and something that looks like it is a trailer wiring harness. HELP? :help:
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
best way to tell would be to put a multimeter from each wire to ground and press the brakes, turns signals, and reverse lights and see if you get anything

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
The wire colors match your rear lighting color code. I have that same connector in front of the rear bumper. Thats where most folks tie in trailer or aux lighting.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is not talking about the 4 wire plug guys..... He is talking about the ones that go by the spare tire, make a 90* bend and end by the electrical tape thats unraveled

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Check out how many wires there are in the loom. Either 95 or 96 GM started installing trailer wiring stubs that were sealed and taped, and tied up behind the bumper. There should be parking, LH, RH, parking lamps, ground, backup, 12+ constant, aux (with a taped pigtail by the underhood fuse box for trailer brakes) and a CHMSL lead.

The factory used those 4-wire T and most people do, and wire in a 7 way separate not knowing this set of wires exist. My 99 GMT400 had them, i wired the 7-way up there.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
so they are for trailer lights? I want to install a hitch and didn't know what to buy.