Well f**k me running

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
So I drive about 12 miles this afternoon on the way to get my rear bumper (a long trip for this truck), and at the read light going to the freight terminal I notice a sort of reverse idle surge; it's not a rough idle, it just got low quickly and then bounced quickly back to normal a few times, takes no more than 2 seconds. Then I pull up to the gate and I notice it doing it again, then as I'm waiting for it to open it stalls. And it was a hard start, took 4-5 attempts. You can hear it turning over it just doesn't crank. Then it fires up, runs great. So we throw the bumper in the back of the truck and on the way home I notice the low surge so I start driving with two feet. We get back home and when I put the truck in reverse to park it immediately stalls again. And again, its a very hard start.

Anybody got a clue?

New parts: plugs, wires, cap, rotor, distributor, spark control module, EGR valve, EGR valve solenoid, TPS, MAP sensor, O2 sensor, IAC Valve, CTS, knock sensor, and prob some more.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You rebuild that throttle body yet??? Sounds like it might be running rich...

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
No haven't rebuilt it yet...would that help it running rich? I don't know much about the fuel system really. It did feel like a flooded carb when I was trying to crank it.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It could if its leaking fuel. Might be getting to much at idle an flooding it. That is my idea anyway if it runs great otherwise....

With all the new parts an work you've had done idk what else it could be. :shrug: :confused:

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
It could if its leaking fuel. Might be getting to much at idle an flooding it. That is my idea anyway if it runs great otherwise....

With all the new parts an work you've had done idk what else it could be. :shrug: :confused:

Think that the regulator/diaphragm may be bad? Ya know...when I had a fuel pressure test done on it...they said they it was running on the higher end...like 13-15 psi.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Think that the regulator/diaphragm may be bad? Ya know...when I had a fuel pressure test done on it...they said they it was running on the higher end...like 13-15 psi.

Maybe the pressure is causing the injectors to leak?

A vac leak could cause a rough idle, but it would have to be a big one to make it stall....