Weatherstrip question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

super10brss

Reaction score
I have a 1989 regular cab truck and am thinking about changing out the weatherstrip there at the doors. I have allot of wind noise, and the other day it was POURING the rain (maybe I didn't have the door slammed, which is getting worse and worse... I have to freakin SLAM the door) anyways... got side tracked.... I know the part numbers I need: whole all the way around the door GM 15758703 and the drip weatherstrip GM 15012833. The whole door weatherstrip can be found on rock auto no problem http://www.rockauto.com/en/partsearch/?partnum=*15758703&a=Referer+www.google.com+URL+%2Fen%2Fcatalog%2Fgmc%2C1989%2Cc1500%2Bpickup%2C4.3l%2B262cid%2Bv6%2C1143504%2Cbody%2Cdoor%2Bseal%2B%2F%2Bweatherstrip%2C1430 But the drip seal I just can't find "reasonable" any place. I know LMC truck has the seal for $19.95 per side, but when the whole long door seal is $28.79 for both sides......

Anyone have alternate part numbers? I know fairchildind makes aftermarket seals but dang they are hard to search.

Thanks!

Ironhead

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would suggest that if you really have to slam that door to get it to close all the way, a hinge pin and bushing replacement is needed. Perhaps with this, the door would line up with the body so that it did not leak air or water at the weather strip, but I'm not sure.

As for the missing piece, the drip strip, you may find a good one at a wrecking yard.

Hope this works out.