wanting 3 more inches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobo

Reaction score
i just got a 91 chevy single cab short bed with 6'' superlift suspension lift and a 3'' body lift on 40'' superswampers and im wanting to no what i can do to get 3 more inches under it so i can have a 12'' lift can someone give me some ideas

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
pull it all out and put on a 12" lift. im pretty sure cognito or maybe a different company made a 10" and a 12" lift. maybe discontinued now but they used too.would be worth looking into if you have some cash

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you really need a solid axle at this point

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
found the info i wanted. cognito did make big lifts for obs trucks but they have been discontinued. i also found that full throttle suspension offers a 6.5, 9.5, 12, and 15" lift. i agree on a straight axle. it would be cheaper to do that than to buy a whole new lift for just 3 more inches.

Cajun4x4

The Green Seal
Reaction score
Yep sas or full throttle are your only feasible options at this point... IMO sas would be be about the same cost and easier to install, plus If you ever wanted to change lift height more than what cranking up or down allows sas facilitates this nicely

darren250r

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I agree a SAS is your best bet to go that high. Having tires over 35" on IFS is really pushing it. Big tires tear up all the IFS components pretty fast. You'll go through ball joints, pitman/idler arms an tie rod ends like crazy.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
rip it out and put in a dc 6.5 kit, crank the t bars to the max, and bigger block out back, that's about it except for the above, one of the very very companies who make em bigger, or do solid axle swap.

darren250r

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
rip it out and put in a dc 6.5 kit, crank the t bars to the max, and bigger block out back, that's about it except for the above, one of the very very companies who make em bigger, or do solid axle swap.

I don't think that taking a 6" lift out and swapping it for a 6.5" is very cost effective or realistic to gain 0.5".