Want to change from OBD1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mgezee1992

Reaction score
Guys, with my new engine build, it's been too much with OBD1 to get tuned. I can't anyone to help me tune it. So. I am looking to change from OBD1 to something else. How expensive is it to change to OBD2 or whatever else? My truck needs a tune badly. It has alot of power but can access it.

Also, I need a bigger tbi. The stock tbi ain't getting it done. Can't go to a 670 tbi because it's not a plug and plug. Heard it needs some tuning.

Please help. Ideas???

TravisR

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you thought about a self-learning EFI kit? Something like Atomic EFI? I'm not sure how much you want to spend, though. I think there are some in the $700 range from other manufacturers.

If I ever get tired of messing with TBI, that's what I plan on using.

retorq

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What kind of mods have you done to your OBD1 that no one can tune it? I'm sure one of the nice gentlemen at GearHead EFI can tune it for you or point you in the right direction for you to tune it yourself.

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What TBI equipment are you working with? I'm assuming you have the small block throttle body? What injectors and fuel pressure? ECM number?

What are the specs of your engine? How much power do you think it will make?