wanna combine a 93 RCSB with a C5 Corvette chassis

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scorpio82

Reaction score
I have a 93 RCSB with the reliable, yet powerless 4.3. I'm a fabricator by trade and really want to put that to the test; I wanna convert my truck into a corvette in disguise! First thing I'm going to need is any drawings or schematics anyone might have for either the trucks frame and suspension or the C5 corvette chassis assembly. My first step toward this goal will be to modify the existing chassis of the truck to accept the corvette parts or just build an entire frame from scratch to do the same task. Bottom line; anything anyone out there has related to this would be awesome! Thanks for everyone's help. Once I get some dimensions and drawings together I'll keep everyone posted. I'm sure this will be a project more than a few GMT guys will be interested in. Thanks again...

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
This has been going through my mind as well! but seems like a whole hell of alot of work. But this is what i had planned for my truck in the futur. Im thinking 4 link rear suspension, with a 9inche ford rear end. Unless youd be wanting to go with something like a independant rear suspension, that that would be sweet as well. Just the 4 link seems easier to make... for the front suspension i was just going to get toubed a-arms with good shocks and coils. If the truck is low enough with the set up, then have a 6-700 plus horse power engine, with a t56 6 speed tranny... It should be able to keep up to the big boys!

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
Far more practical to use the frame that is there, maybe back-half it and do whatever suspension work you prefer.. put in a solid axle, and then swap in an LSx with your transmission of choice. I can almost guarantee the dimensions on the chassis won't be anywhere near close.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Far more practical to use the frame that is there, maybe back-half it and do whatever suspension work you prefer.. put in a solid axle, and then swap in an LSx with your transmission of choice. I can almost guarantee the dimensions on the chassis won't be anywhere near close.

yeah, agreed.. so thats why a limited slip rear-end, 4 link would be your best way to go. even without the 4 link, as long as you can find a way to plent that power into the ground.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
A close friend of mine bought an entire C5 to put into his 72 C10. He's building the entire frame from scratch. He's using the C10 body, that's it. The rest of it is from the Vette. He spent $10k on the wrecked Vette alone. I realize it's a different situation, but if need be I can ask him some questions.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
If you're dead set on IRS, I'd look at the rear subframe out of an 03-04 Cobra. should be ROUGHLY the right width and would be a LOT easier to set up than the vette running gear.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oh yeah I agree there are huge differences, personally I would build a new frame and adapt IRS to it.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Too bad that article doesn't show the rear frame work. I've seen the truck, too. Wanna talk 'Frankensteined'? For the pedigree alone, I'd love to own that truck! Owning it, AND driving it? Different story! I've seen many a bridged frame that would not only look better, but work better, too!
Cool idea though! I saw the title of this thread, & it was instant chubby! I say, if your a fabricator with the skills, go for it! I'll be reading every post on it, eagerly awaiting more!