VSS Going Bad?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Today while out driving the speedo in my 92 was really jumping and even quiting at times, also when it had quit or jumping around the truck surged and up/down shifted. I'm thinking the speed sensor on the t-case is bad and on its way out, any other opinions.

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
That or one of the wires is going bad. I would replace the sensor and check the wires as well

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
thats what mine did for a couple of months and then quit. i always figured it was a wireing issue but i never looked into it.

Marcos

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just had this problem, it started intermittent and then it didn't do it for a few weeks, then all of a sudden it just quit working, no 1st gear, only 2nd and 3rd, limped it home.

Got underneath and the wiring was completely shot, bare wire for about 6 inches, rewired it and its working fine again.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone have this cause any starting issues? Seems sometimes my truck doesn't want to start or run without giving it some fuel. No ses codes showing.