Vortec Lover's '98 K1500 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
I've got plenty of money, I just like going off budgets. If I have say... $14,000 laying around I'm not going to put it ALL into one thing, especially a toy. I don't have a girl, other hobbies, or anything else to blow money on... this is the one place I splurge once or twice a year (okay, I already got the rims, but forget that :lol:) The rest is getting put away.

I'm a generous penny pincher, that's all.

Me and you both dude. I'm losing the block I have and leaving just the BL getting 315/75r16 Nitto Trail Grapplers first with just the BL and then towards more of August I'll be buying the 4" RCX.

Swans.2000.3500

Trainwreck
Reaction score
I would stay with what you have and get tires
yeah get some 35's and stick with your BL. Im in the same position with college and figure a 6" lift plus 3" BL= $2500 plus another $1500 for 36's or 37's and another $700 for rims haha (but thats only $4700 so you'd still have $9300.....)

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
yeah get some 35's and stick with your BL. Im in the same position with college and figure a 6" lift plus 3" BL= $2500 plus another $1500 for 36's or 37's and another $700 for rims haha (but thats only $4700 so you'd still have $9300.....)

well, it looks like a member on here is willing to sell me a 6" RCX lift for $645 shipped from CT, so I'm going to go ahead and get it if I can :gr_grin:

Hopefully it works out! -fingerscrossed- If so, that problem has been answered!

Now, supposing that works out, what is y'all opinions?

I AM GETTING 35's, so what combo- should I ride on them with?

1- ditch the BL and go 6"
2- ditch the BL and set the RCX at 4"
3- set the RCX at 4" with the BL
4- set the RCX at 6" with the BL

If I go all the way up I would need to regear for 37" tires... not sure I want to do that yet, especially if nothing is wrong with it. What I would probably do is wait until my rearend blows, then replace everything front and back with 4.10/4.56 and a 14blt sf

what I'm probably going to do is do a small block and 3/4 leafs, then crank to level, so it'll probably end up being about a 5" that route

Ya'll got to join the 3" BL/315's combo club!!

not if I get a suspension lift :gr_grin:

West Mi Mudder

OHHHH YEAHHHHH
Reaction score
As for what combo you should run. I think you should put the lift at about 4" with the BL, and see how the stance looks. That will net you around 7" of lift. If you like how your truck looks at about 7", i would say ditch the body lift, and crank the suspension up to 6". Yes, you will be a little smaller than it looked like with the BL, but would be much more capable and would look better!

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
go with option 3! wait till your rear end goes, regear turn the RCX up to 6" and rock a 9" lift and 37's, listen to me I'm always right!

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
go with option 3! wait till your rear end goes, regear turn the RCX up to 6" and rock a 9" lift and 37's, listen to me I'm always right!

that's kind of what I wanted to hear, lol

might be getting a little bigger than what I intended as a DD, but it would be friggin sweet lol

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
that's kind of what I wanted to hear, lol

might be getting a little bigger than what I intended as a DD, but it would be friggin sweet lol

it'll be a fine DD and it'll turn tons of heads