Vortec Lover's '98 K1500 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Those are gonna look awesome wish i could find a set of rims lol

Just keep lookin'- I know where you could get some 16 X 8 Ultras for about $175 or so, but they aren't the prettiest things in the world:

http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?14705-Will-these-old-rims-look-any-good

Stockers definitely weren't better made the truck look stock, and my feelings exactly on the dust sucking and the mud being cool lol

Or you could buy 315's and swap um out and sell the old ones!

Oh yeah!! These look WAY better- no doubt about it.

Yeah, I could, but I payed $800 for these last spring... I don't think I could get even close to that. They look like they are brand new still, but how much would YOU give for a set of used tires?

Yeah. I like them jut want it a little wider...

Just get different rims! Personally, the 2wd stockers are one of the worst stock rims out there :imo: Your truck would look sick with some old school slots or cragar style- it wouldn't take much to look better then the stockers... but that's me. There's a lot of guys who think they look great, yourself included.

There are a lot of people who thought the sawblades looked terrible for stockers and I think they look okay, they just aren't wide enough for me- and that's something that spacers can't fix... spacers push the rims out, less in the fender, more under the truck... wider rims fill everything out.

(yeah, just listen to me- I put on my first set of after market rims and now I'm the expert)

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Yeah stockers aren't exactly the most practical as you go up in the old tire size department. I just like the stock look personally. I find rims are one of the most important things on a vehicle: the first thing I notice, anyway. So having something different is cool. I hate my current rims, I'm looking for a set of PYOs.

She'll look really sweet with 315s! Can't wait to see it. I agree though, run your current ones until you can't steer anymore, then buy new ones. Get every nickel out of them.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Yeah. I like them jut want it a little wider...

huh well if you do that make sure you get good quality ones

Just keep lookin'- I know where you could get some 16 X 8 Ultras for about $175 or so, but they aren't the prettiest things in the world:

http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?14705-Will-these-old-rims-look-any-good

Oh yeah!! These look WAY better- no doubt about it.

Yeah, I could, but I payed $800 for these last spring... I don't think I could get even close to that. They look like they are brand new still, but how much would YOU give for a set of used tires?

Just get different rims! Personally, the 2wd stockers are one of the worst stock rims out there :imo: Your truck would look sick with some old school slots or cragar style- it wouldn't take much to look better then the stockers... but that's me. There's a lot of guys who think they look great, yourself included.

There are a lot of people who thought the sawblades looked terrible for stockers and I think they look okay, they just aren't wide enough for me- and that's something that spacers can't fix... spacers push the rims out, less in the fender, more under the truck... wider rims fill everything out.

(yeah, just listen to me- I put on my first set of after market rims and now I'm the expert)

Not that much lol because i paid less than 700 for my tires new haha

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
huh well if you do that make sure you get good quality ones

Not that much lol because i paid less than 700 for my tires new haha

Yeah- super good spacers or none at all... they aren't the best option out there :shrug:

Yeah, I didn't think so... the most I'll do is hit up Craigslist once in a while in case I see a super cheap deal or if someone wants to swap to a smaller tire (yes, there are people who have wanted to do that)

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Yeah stockers aren't exactly the most practical as you go up in the old tire size department. I just like the stock look personally. I find rims are one of the most important things on a vehicle: the first thing I notice, anyway. So having something different is cool. I hate my current rims, I'm looking for a set of PYOs.

She'll look really sweet with 315s! Can't wait to see it. I agree though, run your current ones until you can't steer anymore, then buy new ones. Get every nickel out of them.

Yeah- super good spacers or none at all... they aren't the best option out there :shrug:

Yeah, I didn't think so... the most I'll do is hit up Craigslist once in a while in case I see a super cheap deal or if someone wants to swap to a smaller tire (yes, there are people who have wanted to do that)

Yah I've seen that before a couple times

semiguy409

The Big Rigger
Reaction score
Looks great...

Better get used to the mud on the windshield... I only have 15x9's and get that crap everywhere... lol

You must be registered for see images attach