Vortec heads on a TBI actually worth the trouble?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
I ran across a GMPP Vortec to TBI intake on craigslist the other day and I'm trying to see if I can scoop it up on the cheap. What I am wondering though is it going to actually make a noticeable difference and be worth the trouble of pulling some vortec heads and swapping all that stuff out? I fully understand it wont turn it into a race truck but a lil extra power would be nice.

I'm trying to get the intake for about $100, I can get a pair of heads for $56, figure maybe $50 for gaskets, $25 in misc stuff. Hopefully have less than $250 in the whole lil project for a noticeable gain.

Opinions/suggestions?

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
I think for that money it would be well worth it! I"m curious as to what answers you get from others too.

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
Eh he doesn't want to separate his package setup, which is a good deal but don't have enough extra $$ to buy the whole thing. Wanting $300 for the intake and a 454 TBI (pod spacers, ultimate tbi mods, and polished). Cheapest I could find just the intake is $369 + shipping. I would think that combo with the vortec heads should make a nice difference from the little I have read.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have ridden in several TBI truck's with vortec heads and yeah it's well worth it but you really need a custom chip to match if you really want to get the most power out of that swap!