Vortec fuel Pumps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hyperti2

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So in may of last year I put in a new acdelco fuel pump and a new gas tank. and now it's time to do it again 11 months later. Pump is noisy and I only have 50psi of pressure. I'm definitely not very interested in another Delco pump so what do you guys recommend? Thanks guys.

jcronk69

Reaction score
As far as I know, the delco pump is the best one your going to find.
It should have a 12 month warranty, can't you get a free warranty replacement?

axtman

Reaction score
look in to where the wiring harness clips to the outside of the fuel sending unit. at one point the government debated making Chevy recall the gmt400 truck because the connector was known to corrode and start shorting out. when this happens it destroys the fuel pump. i have fixed several of these trucks over the years that kept blowing fuel pumps and replacing the wiring has stopped this from happening.

Hyperti2

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I put my previous fuel pump in I had to solder in a different connector not sure if that is still an issue.

axtman

Reaction score
did you solder the connection where the pump installs into the hanger or where the wiring harness connects to the hanger outside of the tank?

Rusty Nail

Artificial membership inflator
Reaction score
I run a Delco. My second choice would be Delphi... but i wouldn't. I have heard bad about AIRTEX for a Vortec, but that's the way to go - TBI.
The plug, yes.