Vibration through floorboard at 40-43 and 55 to 60

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DooSPX

Reaction score
1999 C1500 Suburban, stock suspension. New front and rear brakes. New U-joints front and rear, new axle bearings and seals. Still have a vibration that you do not feel in the steering wheel, do not feel it if you accelerate quickly through those speeds, or slowing down through those speeds. Basically you only feel it when you accelerate slowly or hold those speeds constantly. Take your foot of the gas and you don't feel it. What could it be? It actually feels like going over rumble strips. Transmission problem? Rear Diff?

Please help!!

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
High speed vibration, 45mph and faster, is commonly a tire balance issue. Seeing as you just replaced the u-joints, I'd suspect you bent the yoke, or knocked off a driveshaft balance weight.
Try this. Lift the rear off the ground, remove the rear wheels. Put a couple lugnuts back on to keep the drums on, and start the engine. Run 'er up to those speeds and see if the vibration is still there.
If yes, driveshaft is the problem.
If no, wheel/tire is the problem.

DooSPX

Reaction score
Got under there to check the driveshaft weights are still on the driveshaft, and I noticed the trans mount is just about flat. Probably original at 212k. Would a trans mount being bad cause the harmonics/vibration at certain speeds?

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a similar issue, and it turns out when I went to have the tires balanced, the wheel was bent. It would cause an oscillating vibration at sustained speeds of about 40 or higher. I think we added like 4oz of weight and it only at best masked the issue. I need to swap tires with my spare.