valve covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, let's talk vortec valve covers. Wasn't sure where to stick this so if it needs moved feel free..I'm in the process of replacing my fuel system and cleaning up under the hood. Since I'm also removing the valve covers to replace the gaskets I plan on cleaning them up and most likely painting them.

I know there are a few aftermarket options that are ridiculous in price for what you get, so I'm curious what all others have done to spruce up the covers. Let's see what ya got and if you modified them yourself, explain.

I just coated my shorties in Aluminum VHT and the MAF ends, upper intake, thermo housing and TB in Aluminum engine enamel. So I was thinking maybe strip the covers and paint them with black engine enamel with the ribs masked off and shot in Aluminum to contrast it. Then toss on some of those chrome "T" handle hold down bolts.

Share what ya got.....

Darrell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm going back to the original set of covers and just repaint them. Bought these new aluminum covers and within days oil was weeping from the center bolts and a month later they started discoloring The bolt washers don't seat flush on the machined areas where the washer seats to the cover. I've tried several methods using different size rubber washers between the flat metal washer and coverhoping to create a seal with no luck.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach