Upper arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bu327

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
In regards to the forged upper arms, does anyone know how they compare to the stamped arms as far as weight, and as far as wheel clearance? I have 17x9.5s that still rub on a somewhat clearanced stamped arm. Thx

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Friggin sweet, what year was that truck?
Was an '88

In regards to the forged upper arms, does anyone know how they compare to the stamped arms as far as weight, and as far as wheel clearance? I have 17x9.5s that still rub on a somewhat clearanced stamped arm. Thx
You're rubbing on the uppers? That's pretty unusual unless you're using wheels that have a severe amount of backspacing. Running the forged uppers -might- help as they're more of a compact design, but couldn't guarantee it; have never really seen an issue with rubbing on the front...except in one case where I put some GMT800 16" stock wheels on a GMT400 C2500 light duty just to move it around, and they would rub on the stamped uppers near full lock.

I wouldn't get concerned about weight difference, it's not like they're huge parts so if there's bound to only be a couple pounds difference if any.

Richard

Bu327

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok. Found those arms on rockauto for less than $30 each! I might have to try them at some point.