Upgrading battery cables

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jude

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can get my hands on some 2/0 welding cable from work but I need to let the guy know what length I need. How much would I need for my 3/4 ton K2500 with dual batteries?

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

Jude

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I realize that. I work offshore and I cant get to my truck. I was hoping someone had done this before. I jus need an idea of how much to get

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put new cables on mine but I have only one battery on the passenger side.

battery to starter was 48"
battery to alt was 40"
Battery to fuse block on Dr Side was 95"

I haven't replaced the battery ground cable yet but 36" is probably enough for that.

LordFinesse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For sure, i got about 5ft of black 1/0 and maybe 6 or 7 or red (i have probably a foot er 2 left of the red) and i did new cable from the batt to alt, batt to chassis, replaced the stock ground, and added another from the block to the frame. I would recommend doing 1/0 the price difference is small from 2/0 to 1/0 and its all about current flow more is always better

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used 10 ft. on my single battery, 5 for the hot and 5 for the neg.

I'd say get like 30-40 or more, then you'll have plenty, do the big 3, battery hots and grounds etc.