Upgrade Seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97SierraGT

Reaction score
What's your plan for the old seats belts since nbs have them in the seats?
Just going to delete the seat belts. Gonna be a pain in the a** to unbolt them from the floor (thanks rust). As for the holes in the b-pillars I'm not sure yet. They are the least of my worries tho. I'm just dying to get these bad boys installed

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
Tyler, what did you have to modify to make the front buckets to fit? I bought the same seats in mint condition and am trying to install them in my 97 Sierra regular cab. I can't find any info on installing the nbs seats into obs. People just say they can be made to fit with no explanation on how to

You must be registered for see images attach

which set the black ones we cut the bases of the gmt400 brackets and cut the nbs brakets welded a plate to the bottom and the gmt400 brackets to that with proper spacing. this worked excellent but it kept the seat at the factory position and up and inch which worked great for my friend. mine the tan ones i basically drilled into the floor and made spacer for it to sit level because i wanted it back another 2 inches for comfort since in 6'4

What's your plan for the old seats belts since nbs have them in the seats?

let em hang in the b pillar for awhile then removed them from the floor eventually and stuff the bolt back in the hole

97SierraGT

Reaction score
which set the black ones we cut the bases of the gmt400 brackets and cut the nbs brakets welded a plate to the bottom and the gmt400 brackets to that with proper spacing. this worked excellent but it kept the seat at the factory position and up and inch which worked great for my friend. mine the tan ones i basically drilled into the floor and made spacer for it to sit level because i wanted it back another 2 inches for comfort since in 6'4

let em hang in the b pillar for awhile then removed them from the floor eventually and stuff the bolt back in the hole

I think my nbs seats are slightly different than yours now that I looked at them closer. But they should be the same riser setup I would assume. I really didn't want to drill more holes but looks like I may not have much of a choice. It sounds more simple being I do not have access to a welder for fabrication of the risers

DankOfOwnage

Reaction score
the seats have minor fabric differences but same risers and bases and all.
Any chance you still have the truck, Tyler? Could you possibly give me the height of the spacers from the floor? I am going to have to walk some random shade tree mechanic through doing it for me as I moved into a condo and can't really do much fabrication from the parking lot where the damned HOA won't let anyone work on a vehicle outside.

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
Another option if you don't mind the work. Stockinteriors.com has replacement upholstery in cloth, vynil, and leather in any color you can imagine. I went for vynil, black with charcoal inserts. Don't mind the seat controls, they still need to be painted.