Update on my 11 blade clutch fan vs original 5 blade fan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Do you have a tbi or vortec? I onky have experience with vortecs on this swap, on a vortec if you swap the fan and clutch you literally spin the old one off and spin the new one on.

It's been a while since I did this. I didn't replace the clutch. Dean, doesn't that clutch come of the engine via 4, 7/16 or 3/8 bolts? Either way, this swap takes all of about 10 minutes! Maybe 15.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
It's been a while since I did this. I didn't replace the clutch. Dean, doesn't that clutch come of the engine via 4, 7/16 or 3/8 bolts? Either way, this swap takes all of about 10 minutes! Maybe 15.

Not a vortec clutch, it just spins off the water pump basically the clutch shaft is one big nut, the older tbi engines have the four bolts holding the fan clutch to the water pump.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Yeah I did t know excatly what it took to get the fan off since I didnt seperate them so good thing you kinda remember lol

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
will it bolt right in on my tbi?

The fan clutch from a nbs (99-02) which im pretty sure is where this 11 blade fan comes from will not but the fan itself may bolt up to your tbi clutch. I just dont have any experience with it so I cant give you an accurate answer.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
well i probally wont switch clutchs just want a better quieter fan

Yeah you would juat have to check it out I dont know if it will bolt up to the tbi clutch or not, but if it does its totally worth it, flows much more air and doesnt sound like a jet while engaged lol