Underhood storage box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Looking for the underhood storage box for a 1997 chevy k1500 and the brackets to install it.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I've got a 'spare' one. Shipping would be a killer though.
Brackets? Should be able to just drop it in & mount it to the inner fender. It's been a while since I installed the ones in my trucks. Don't recall any special brackets, but, hey, 'Old Fart Disease'! I could be wrong! Lol!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
WTH? That thing's a pile of crap! $70.00? The lid's busted to sh*t! Seller's a dreamer!
That round bracket is for the charcoal canister. The other 'bracket' looks to be part of the inner fender.
Before I saw that, I was gonna say, shoot me 40.00 + the shipping & you can have this one!
Now I think I'll want...$60.00, '+'! The one I have is in primo, good, #1 condition.
Just kidding! I'd be plenty happy for $40.00! IIRC, that's somewhere around what I paid for this one. Forgot I even had it! Just found it the other day while rummaging around in my parts stash! I'll take a look @ it. Might even have the two bolts for it inside.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
If that is the same bracket I already have for the charcoal canister then I guess all I need is the box. I knew it was junk but it was 1 of 2 that showed brackets with it. If you want to sell it let me know, other wise i'll keep on the lookout for just the box and lid. I should have the bolts, my dad ran a body shop for about 20 years and has lots of that stuff. Thanks for your time.

dwysywd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LoL, just cause some moron is asking $70 doesn't mean he'd get it. Further, guys on the site always take care of their own... Your good CARma will be rewarded. But you know this already. So I'm preaching to the choir. It's like when you ask some what they want for the car and they say "well they are selling for $x on trader..." No they are not "selling" that's just their pipe dream.

Enough of the rant, I really wanted to see this box you have... Wait, that sounded creepy.
I didn't know there was even something like this. Is it an option item? Did it only come on certain trim levels?

Rusty Nail

Artificial membership inflator
Reaction score
I scored mine at a VERY reasonable price on the eBay, brackets not necessary. At all. Meaning there are no brackets OR bracketry for that matter. :)
I will see if I can find mine in the purchase history because it came from a wrecking yard or something.
Stand by.