Under Hood Fuse Box Replacement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lizey93

Reaction score
My fuse panel under the hood is really corroded causing my fuel pump relay not to work. A new panel isnt very expensive, but how big of a job is that to replace? Has anyone tried it?

Ken K

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Instead of replacing, clean it. The electrical terminals are serviceable but a good electrical terminal cleaners are out there. With the battery disconnected, take a photo of everything in its position, remove the fuses, relays, spray with cleaner, use an old tooth brush and compressed air to dry. Use dielectric grease in each terminals cavity and inspect the relays & fuses for corrosion. Scotch bright works great for clean up. If you have a marine center near by, they sell 20oz. tubes of Quicksilver (Mercruiser) dielectric grease for $22 or so (eBay also). Other wise, home improvement store with an auto section sell it also like Permatex brand for $3. I use this grease on bulbs, fuses, connectors to anything under the vehicle, as well on top. Anywhere is could get wet is a future high resistance problems. While serial data uses 7 volts, like class2, but sensors use 5 volts. What am I saying? The lower the voltage, the greater the risk of incorrect signals due to even minor resistance issues.
ASE Master Tech since 1978 / Retired ACDelco instructor.