Uh oh..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94K1500KBAR

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well today I picked up some new valve gaskets, center bolts, and paint(thought I would paint them while I have them off).
So I get to work on getting them off and cleaning them and I break a vacuum line. I was at a buddies house and he had some extra stainless steel line laying around so we thought what the hell yeah know. So we measured and bent it perfect. Looks awesome!!!!... Runs like crap!!!
My check engine light is on and it idles like crap. We only hade one size of line so we did all the vacuum lines in one size even though they were different sizes before. Could this be causing it? While I had everything off I also moved the coil, map, and egr sensor to the firewall. So what should I do? Is it as easy as a chord not plugge in all the way or is it bc of the line?

Any ideas?

94K1500KBAR

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh and if you think it's the hose than would anyone happen to know what size hoses (I.d and o.d the vacuum lines are?

supertrucker1978

She Does???
Reaction score
If you have a check engine light pull the code. The truck will tell you whats wrong.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just use a little carb cleaner on the vacuum lines while the truck is running. If the rpm increases, then you have vacuum leaks.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Yep, spray the lines, or hold your finger over them. That's an easy way to tell. Which line was it that you actually broke?

94K1500KBAR

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would pull the code but I don't have a OBD 1 reader and not a single auto parts store near me can read them either.

I broke the one from the EGR valve to the egr solenoid.