Two tone paint combos?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Where did you find the fading black pin strip? I'd like do do that in silver.
I can't remember where I got the stripe. It was in the 90's but later I had the tailgate handle removed and repainted and I had to replace the stripe twice and I think I found it on eBay. I also added a double pin stripe above this one.
You must be registered for see images attach

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
I can't remember where I got the stripe. It was in the 90's but later I had the tailgate handle removed and repainted and I had to replace the stripe twice and I think I found it on eBay. I also added a double pin stripe above this one.

I used to sell that stuff at Autozone. And I've seen it at Pep-Boys

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I would love to find that style of pinstripe, I'd definitely put it on my 97.

Reaction score
I would love to find that style of pinstripe, I'd definitely put it on my 97.

I just remember how I did the stripe. Here is the picture with the added double pin stripe and the first wide stripe removed

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
My 91 before it got totaled had a beautiful two tone blue with a blue and black pinstripe. It got sold at auction almost a year ago and supposedly has a rebuilt title and a new owner now. If anyone on here as any expertise in tracking down a vehicle’s owner, please let me know. I have the owners manual and stuff I’d like to give back to the new owners.

This was the same color scheme of mine before paint

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
I used to sell that stuff at Autozone. And I've seen it at Pep-Boys

You used to work at "Return-zone"!? I remember a time when you could find 1 or 2 knowledgeable people there. You must have held one of those positions before corporate decided knowledge wasn't necessary, lol!

Dravec

Reaction score
You used to work at "Return-zone"!? I remember a time when you could find 1 or 2 knowledgeable people there. You must have held one of those positions before corporate decided knowledge wasn't necessary, lol!

Yup. I specialized in older stuff and stuff that had component swaps. But I like to think I was fairly good at what I did. I was there for 5 years, but I got tired of my yearly raise being between a nickel and a quarter.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
Yup. I specialized in older stuff and stuff that had component swaps. But I like to think I was fairly good at what I did. I was there for 5 years, but I got tired of my yearly raise being between a nickel and a quarter.

Before I gave up on them completely, I would buy a starter or alternator and immediately walk it down to the end of the counter to be tested. About a quarter of the time they would be bad, but I wanted to know before I climbed under the car or truck to put it on.

Dravec

Reaction score
Before I gave up on them completely, I would buy a starter or alternator and immediately walk it down to the end of the counter to be tested. About a quarter of the time they would be bad, but I wanted to know before I climbed under the car or truck to put it on.

Yup. I picked up the habit of testing all starters and alternators that I sold after having an alternator for a '15 F150 be bad out of the box.