Tweeters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tdean91491

Something about an OBS
Reaction score
Where are you guys mounting after market tweets in your door panels? I need a few ideas!

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Completely unoriginal, but I mounted mine in the stock location. I didn't like the look of it anywhere else, but I'm thinking of relocating it to the A beam if I can find a way to make it look clean with the curved beam and the flat profile of the flush mounts that came with my component set.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
X2 on the stock location. Most 1" dome tweeters will fit under the factory tweeter grilles just fine. Sounds pretty good there, too.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Manual doors in my '98. Didn't want to cut into the panels.
Since this pic, I've dyed that whole plastic filler panel black.

You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
Actually found out GM wired my truck for tweeters but never had them in the location (Maybe optional trim package with stereo?). Went to junk yard, bought 2 tweeters and plug and play in stock location;)

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Actually found out GM wired my truck for tweeters but never had them in the location (Maybe optional trim package with stereo?). Went to junk yard, bought 2 tweeters and plug and play in stock location;)
So the wires were just sitting there behind the door panel? That's a bit odd. Did you have the speaker grills for the tweets too? Apparently there were 4 stereo options looks like yours was without the "enhanced performance speaker system" I'm guessing enhanced just means it had tweets too? Weird that it's wired up with nothing there... page 11 shows the stereo optionshttp://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5beba70f0a1e9/1997-Chevrolet-Truck.pdf

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Gmt800 tweeters are a nice solution that are easy to find, don’t stick out like a sore thumb, and the color matches the gray interiors nicely. For blue, red, and tan interior guys, might have to dye the plastic to match.