Tweeter mounting locations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fuzzy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm looking into getting speakers for my truck and it seems like components are the best way to go, however I have a Cheyenne truck with Manual Locks/Windows so I don't have the nice door panels with factory tweeters. So where would be a good place to mount the tweeters? Or would I just be better off getting some regular speakers.

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
I'm looking into getting speakers for my truck and it seems like components are the best way to go, however I have a Cheyenne truck with Manual Locks/Windows so I don't have the nice door panels with factory tweeters. So where would be a good place to mount the tweeters? Or would I just be better off getting some regular speakers.

I've seen them mounted up by the sun visors. Regular cab or ext?

Edit: stupid question lol

Sent while pulling out a Ford

Fuzzy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hmm, I was thinking about the A Pillar, however from the little I've read on tweeters it's not recommended to mount the tweeter more than 12" from the Woofer. I really don't know though, I've never messed with components.

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Ive tried to gain more k owledge on this and it comes dow. To tweeter and vehicle some tweets sound better crossfired others dircet. A common local is towards the base of the a pillar (dash style depending) usually aimed at the opposing side of the vehicle aimed at the persons head. Theres some cool ideas for homemade tweeter pods i plan on trying when i. BUild mine to "tune" the sound....but i am by no means a expert just some tidbits ive picked up.

Sent from my SM-N910P

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
I used some pvc plumbing connectors and made some mounts to put them on the top of the door panels. Much better location than lower in the doors at the arm rest. You could do something similar.

You must be registered for see images attach

carluvr

Reaction score
Here is how I recently did mine. I pretty happy with the sound as well: