Turn signal flasher questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
My blinkers do not work, sometimes!
Lights are off: both blinkers work no matter what direction, both arrows on dash flash but rear blinkers are fine.
Lights are on: Neither blinker works up front, dash arrows are on all the time regardless of using blinkers or not, rear blinkers light up brighter but will not flash.

-------------------------------New tonight-------------------------------------------
All is the same as above BUT, right blinker now makes the turn signal flasher tick when in use.
1. Any way to test the flasher or is it toast?
2. Could this be the cause of the orignial blinker issues?

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Flaher has # GM09442872 on it. Not sure if this helps or not.

smokemgood

Reaction score
I sort of have this same problem, both of my blinkers work with the lights off but when i turn on my lights the right blinker works and the left blinker flashes rapidly but all of the bulbs work. I think it might have something to do with my lightbar but im going to check it out tomorrow ill let you know if i figure it out.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
sounds like a flasher the part Number dont help what year is your truck and I can tell you wich one you need and were its at if you need to know

edit saw the year in your sig 93 is an ep36

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Picked up a new flasher this morning, no more ticking/buzzing noises when the blinker is on, but did not fix my issue either :(

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well as you know I had a VERY similar problem. You need to go ahead and upgrade the flasher. Get one from autozone that will handle LEDz so if you ever go that route you wont have to wire in resistors all over the place. The LED flasher will keep you from having to do that. Once you do upgrade the flasher see how it acts. I had a couple problems with the brightness of mine and certain bulbs not flashing, it also did better when the lights were off. I found that If I took bulbs out and moved them around or flipped them 180 I eventually got them all even brightness and flashing correctly.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
try checking your sockets and wiring that there has to be something going on somewhere

I have a loose connection somewhere, but have no idea where. Happened all of a sudden too.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I thought I did too but try re arranging the bulbs like I said. Also, how old are the bulbs? Might simply be time for some new ones.