Truth about code 32

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

texas tough

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the ECM commands the egr solenoid ON as a test to see if it is working.,. the ECM completes the circuit by switching the ground ON when it wants to do a function test. many circuits tend to be ground switched thru the ECM.

texas tough

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also an exhaust leak can throw a code 32, because when the ECM commands a test. the oxygen sensor sniffs the exhaust gas, if it is not right it will throw a code. an ehxaust leak actually lets air pulse into the exhaust system when the leaking port is not in the pressure out cycle/.

texas tough

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
there are 3 different EGR valves that look the same but are not. one is specifically for K models which have the convertor pipe going to the egr. another is for just 4.3 ltr engines, another for 95 up.
have u changed exhaust manifolds? exhaust system, verified correct egr valve. not sure what the difference in the valves are, maybe spring pressure.

im thinking on applications where the converter pipe is hooked to the egr, there will be more vaccum, because its trying to suck exhaust thru a smaller pipe. so the spring pressure would need to be stronger to overcome this and make the egr open too soon and too often.

Last edited: