Truckin'Ain'tForSissies RCSB Dedicated Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
Reason behind the CHMSL flashing when it turns on?

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that rear impact collisions result in more injuries and property damage than any other type of automobile accident.

In recent years over 2.5 million rear-end collisions a year occurred, causing more than 2,149 deaths in one year. NHSTA stated in 2001 that an extra second of warning time could prevent 90% of all rear collisions, crashes.

Center High Mounted Stop Lights have displayed long-term effectiveness in reducing rear impact crashes by 4.3 percent in passenger cars and lightweight trucks.

All emergency vehicles, school buses tow trucks etc. use flashing lights because they get peoples attention. You want drivers following you to see you. Be Seen

-Truckin'-

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
Also...
In 2002, Daimler-Chrysler tested the benefits of a flashing brake light.

In 2009, the NHTSA studied and published a report on the effectiveness of a flashing third brake light showing that a flashing brake light improved the reaction time of the driver in a trailing

vehicle by approximately 40%.

-Truckin'-

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
Got tired of retrofitting everybody else's ish and started my window switches.
Blue with green as the accent color
You must be registered for see images attach

-Yee Haw-

70stroker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
man i love what you do with leds, wish i had something you needed in your forsale thread to get some door switches in leds. Great looking truck man.

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
man i love what you do with leds, wish i had something you needed in your forsale thread to get some door switches in leds. Great looking truck man.

I would prefer just trading for things I need. But wouldn't turn down a retrofit :D

Get a hold of me if you're interested.

-Truckin'-

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
I like that flashing brake light. Do you have a wiring diagram on how to wire something like that?

Where do you buy your LEDs from?

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
I like that flashing brake light. Do you have a wiring diagram on how to wire something like that?

Hey Ariana,
I hard-wired the (flashing device) before the light, inside the cab.

I ordered it from my supplier.

Where do you buy your LEDs from?

I've multiple suppliers.
Nothing, I repeat NOTHING is a replacement type bulb/LED in my truck, it's all been retrofitted by yours truly.

If you're interested H.M.U.

-Truckin'-