Truck is Still Squeaking!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boulky12

Reaction score
When I first got my truck it didn't squeak, but the front coils were cut so much it hurt my back to drive.

I bought replacement coil springs and cut one coil off each spring. After I installed them, the truck began squeaking.

Ive greased everything up.
I've replaced lower ball joints on both sides.
I replaced the shocks today and it seems it's actually got worse..

I noticed if i rock the drivers side, it doesn't squeak. And if i rock the passenger, it squeaks big time.
Also I was rocking the truck with one hand, and had my other hand on the passenger coil, and i could feel the squeak pretty good.

I took out the lower control arm bolts and dropped the passenger coil spring to see what's up. The insulator that's on there now looks ok. I went ahead and ordered a new one anyways just to be sure.

Is there any tips or tricks i could use to pick it back together tomorrow without squeaking or what else could i try?

I'd really appreciate the help. Thank you.

Truck is a 90 scsb 1500 2wd.

dave_erald

Live the dream, or don't, your choice...
Reaction score
Control arm bushings or sway bar, plus watch how the coil is oriented in the bucket, should only sit one way, but being cut it might rub goofy