Trans help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Campoli

Reaction score
I installed a jasper trans in my 97 about a year ago and now it's shifts like $h¡t used new converter cables and linkage as well and trans cooler lines its only been through the woods twice since and only towed small loads
It'll bang into third and same if I give it half throttle or more while driving or if under load
Do I need to adjust/tighten something??

Also I'd like to beef it up a bit so I don't have to worry about it when towing my boat or the quads or hauling lumber and tools I depend on my truck for work but I like to rip up the woods now and again
What's my best option
It's an auto 4l60e obviously

Last edited:

Campoli

Reaction score
Yup it's good and still red haven't driven it much in the past year been workin all over the country and now that I'm workin close to home again I need my truck tip top then new tram has only about 5k tops on it

Campoli

Reaction score
Nope just hard shifts other than that she fires up fine a runs great for having 227k

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Try swapping your TPS with a known good one, otherwise call whoever you bought it from and see if they will diagnose/ warranty it. Sorry but that's all I got for ya.

Campoli

Reaction score
Throttle position sensor??
Really
I'm past my warranty jasper won't help

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Past warranty on only a year?

And yes throttle position sensor. Or is your Speedo acting funny?

Campoli

Reaction score
Yea I didn't pay extra for the yr warranty no speedo is fine