Tow mirror install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mrhorsepower

Reaction score
I bought the tow mirros for my 1995 k1500 and am wondering which tool can i used to tighten them up because the area is so small in the door

Hunttman01

resident sh't starter
Reaction score
Open end wrench. I believe it's like 10 or 11mm... If you drop it in the door, pull the door panel and the speaker and you can reach kt

sent from Rustbucket

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
For one you can use a 10 mm short socket, 1/4" drive, for the other two I use a ratcheting box end wrench... seems to be about the best tool I have used for that.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Yah i used a rachet for 2 and a rachet wrench for one very easy install

Mrhorsepower

Reaction score
My door is the one that I won't need to take the whole panel off. There's just a small piece that I take off to access them. Thanks for your help guys

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
My door is the one that I won't need to take the whole panel off. There's just a small piece that I take off to access them. Thanks for your help guys

He said if you drop your wrench take the whole panel off our doors are the same as yours

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
I used 10 mm deep well with extension for one and open end wrench for the other 2

Mrhorsepower

Reaction score
The instructions don't mention which side of the threaded bolt goes into the mirrors. Do I put the shorter side into the mirror or the longer?