Tow Hooks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure they were offered all the way back to '88, but I could be wrong. 2WD half tons didn't get them very often if at all though
Yeah, my 88 C1500 got them, it was originally a "farm" truck in the San Joaquin Valley in CA, lol.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sean Sills

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am considering getting the valance that has the dog light holes and installing fog lights.

slowstart

Reaction score
My truck (2000 cclb k3500) is also missing its tow hooks. Looking at the end of the frame where the tow hooks go it looks like it originally had them but they were removed at some point. I can find plenty of replacement online but they are all listed as only working on the 1500 up to 1998. Is there enough of a difrence in where the tow hooks would attached that they would not work for my truck? If needed, i am fine doing a little modification but if there is something major about the differences i will keep looking for the "correct" part.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting.... looks like Rawhide never had one. Maybe the PO took it off? I know there's a version with the holes for the tow hooks, that the K models had since they have the hooks.
Possibilities are endless...I just know that some C3500's have valances and hooks, including the 95 I owned in 96.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Possibilities are endless...I just know that some C3500's have valances and hooks, including the 95 I owned in 96.
Probably the PO took it off, maybe after it got damaged on the farm? Just like I speculate the tailpipes got bobbed. If I put a new balance on, I'll have to redo the mounts for the driving lights, and I already have that figured out and hardware bought for it. Hoping to get them installed before our trip to Austin, but I thought I'd get it done last year too....

slowstart

Reaction score
I would just get some at a junkyard personally
I was actually thinking about doing a D-ring conversion but all the kits say "for 1500" . If i do stay with tow hooks i will probably see if i can find some in a junkyard. But any reason a kit for a 1500 wouldn't work on a 3500?