Tourqe converter going?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Was cruising down the road today in OD and the truck started jumping and dropping in RPM's. Acted as if tourqe converter was locking and unlocking. Just did it a few times then stopped. Tranny temp never got warm? Could this be a sign that the tourqe converter failing.

NacIK

aka Dirty Hoe
Reaction score
I had this problem last summer. All I did is add a little bit of Lucas Oil transmission lube and now it works better. It still does it under load, but not as often. I think it is either your servo or the converter itself.

monstar_est87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have that same problem, even after a rebuild... Ill b drivin and engage the passing gear and it wont shift in2 the next gear, it will just over rev untill I let off the gas... The transmission shop said the engine wasnt gettin enough fuel...

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Still having the problem, trans shop said the trucks computer is sending a signal to keep locking and unlocking the tourqe convertor. Trans is fine. I did very quikly throw the coolant temp sensor SES error. Will try replacing that and t-stat on the weekend and hopefully will cure the problem.