Torsion Keys Uneven?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98silveraydo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I got 285s on and I can’t turn all the way without rubbing. On the drivers side, it rubs the front, on the passenger side, it rubs the back. I was going to turn up my torsion keys cuz they’re not turned up at all and the first thing I noticed was that one bolt hung way lower than the other side. Does this mean my truck is sitting uneven? I do have uneven body lines and the rubbing in different places.

Also, is there a way to tell how high you’ve gone? I only want .5”-1.5”. Is there anything I need to know other than alignment?

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
From what ive asked and read. Measure then crank them up. Drive a little and measure to see your gain in height. If its to much or not enough repeat untill you get what you want.

mckee1710

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most accurate way is to be on level ground and measure either side from the lower control arm to the ground. If your body is straight you can measure from body lines like the rub rail just behind the front wheel well.

When I did my lift with new keys the adjuster bolts were off comparatively by about 1/4”, but the truck sat level left to right. I returned the bolts to this same setting with the new keys installed and the rest of the lift components and the truck remained level left to right.

Don’t crank so high to where the upper control arms are barely off the bump stops or it’ll make for a rough ride, as the control arms will hit the stops on the suspension rebound.