Toms94z71 Pics/ Future plans/build thread.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toms94z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I figured I would start one off these since I plan on doing a lot to my truck in the next yr, and I've done quiet a few little things already. First I'm starting off with a pic of my truck shortly after I got it.
You must be registered for see images attach

Yes it actually snows in this part of NC lol.
Here are some very recent pics of it.

So far I have had the transmission rebuilt in it, replaced about every sensor on the motor, the motor was replaced 2k miles before i got the truck with one from GM. I got an Accel cap and rotor with Mallory 8mm wires on it. I had the rear end rebuilt and put a detriot tru trac in it about a yr ago. I've put a Transdapt tbi spacer along with the injector pod and Hypertec power charger on the tbi, and a K&N filter with a jegs intake tube and did away with the silencer box. I also got a summit 3 inch cat back system on my truck the rest of my exhaust system is stock for now. I got a Pioneer DEH3900 head unit with a 10"inch 500watt pioneer sub and a 340watt boss amp and pioneer component speakers for now. I also got a Superstar 121 cb, wilson whip and a bearcat mobile scanner on board. I'm sure I'm forgetting something I've already done.

Toms94z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As far as Future plans, I'm working on getting everything in my front end back right, I've put new tie rod ends on the passenger side, and I got new ones for the driveside and a new idler arm and bracket since i haven't replaced them. I'm also getting Monroe reflex monotube shocks all around, Performance friction brake pads, new rotors, hoses and calipers for up front this week. After that my plan is some 15 inch 1 piece rims and 33 inch tires, I'm thinking about going with Good year duratracs. That will eat up most of my disposible income threw oct. I got a time line layed out after that for other things I want to do and when i want to do them by, pending i don't have a major expense somewhere along the line.

Toms94z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Stuff I bought for it today, and I'm going to work on putting on in the next week or 2 at night after work.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like a a clean 94 man! As far as the items you bought today, I'd say you should be able to get it all installed in a few nights. The shocks are easy, well the front ones anyways, the back shocks suck to install lol Brake shoes, rotors, and hoses shouldn't take to long either. Anyways, the truck looks nice! Do the added fog and driving lights really make a difference?

Toms94z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the little squares ones yes, i got them on relay to come on with my high beams, the big round ones suck, but I'm going to swap them out for some 150watt kc daylighters eventually, but that will be after I get a higher output alternator on it, which is coming after the wheels and tires. I got the shocks on tonight, and other then the bottom bolt on the driver side front and the sweat constanly dripping in my eyes it was easy, which i've done them one time before on this truck with some el chepo shocks about 3 years ago.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Tom - You have a sh*t ton of lights on the front of your truck, are you poching at night or something?!
Let me know if your like those shocks, been looking at them but not sure how they will run with a body lift.

Toms94z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well they drove good flying down the dirt path at the end of my road tonight, and no i don't poach , but i will see where I'm going if I go down a trail in the middle of the night to a pond or the lake to go catfishing or if i feel like getting lost down a trail at night with a pretty little lady lol.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
or if i feel like getting lost down a trail at night with a pretty little lady lol.[/QUOTE]

You dog!

Toms94z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hey i was faithfully married to some one for 5 yrs and with them faithfully for 2 yrs before that, before she ran off to be with another guy and broke my heart and tore our family we started apart so i think I'm to enjoy the single life for a while.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hey i was faithfully married to some one for 5 yrs and with them faithfully for 2 yrs before that, before she ran off to be with another guy and broke my heart and tore our family we started apart so i think I'm to enjoy the single life for a while.

Sorry to hear that man! Situations like that suck any way you look at it!