Tire wear issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

atyates

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 97 z71. I have stock everything. My wheel alignment is correct. Nothing Is worn, or bent. not my ball joints shocks or nothin. But I'm wearing a ring around the center sidewalls of both front tires. I checked with the steering wheel at full lock and its not touching nothing. And there is no sign on any part it could be rubbing on. Any ideas? Thanks.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Are you talking about the center of the tread? Or close to the sidewall? You need to make sure your running correct tire pressure. Which would probably be around 35psi and make sure you rotate your tires every 6000 miles

atyates

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wish it would let me upload a picture. I am running 35psi. it's wearing on the sidewall. Half way between where the tread starts and where the rim starts. It's a perfect circle all the way around the tire

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
That's weird. Is it on the inside or outside of the tire?

Use photobucket.com to upload the pic use the
You must be registered for see images

atyates

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's on the inside. It actually looks worse in person. You can see where it has worn half the word wrangler.
You must be registered for see images attach

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
I noticed on my 98 when i had it cranked 2 inches over factory with 285s on stock wheels it would rub like that on the upper bump stop at full crank

atyates

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know it's obviously rubbing something. But mines not cranked with stock wheel and tire. And at full lock turned in both directions I don't see it touching anything. And there are no wear marks on any suspension components where the tire could be rubbing

glfirefighter144

Whoa Black Betty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What size tire, too wide could rub frame possibly, I know my 315s do at full lock, how about a pic of suspension and steering components too

Sent from my DROID RAZR M using Tapatalk 2