tire size for on road and offroad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1988GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just curious what the biggest size you guys would run on a rig that will get driven on the road to trails and work on occasion? As some of you know I will be doing an sas and 37x12.5x16.5 but my goal is 40s is that just stupid to try and run on the road and trail? It will have a 14 bolt FF and 10 bolt to start but swap for D60 the first chance I get. I may also put the motor from my mud race blazer in a few years when that gets a transplant. Its a roughly 550hp big block that shifts at 5,500 rpm with stock lower end... for now

Purefection

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Probably doesn't matter as long as your street legal. Any mud tires are going to wear like sh t on the highway anyway

1988GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Probably doesn't matter as long as your street legal. Any mud tires are going to wear like sh t on the highway anyway

I don't do much high way mileage with my truck now so I aint worried about that I know they will wear worse than street tires

lol... I won't even bother to mention my puny 33's...

you gotta start some where I have 33s now and they work pretty good

jt1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my buddy runs 20x14 wheels on 40x15.50 toyos on the road, gets excellent wear actually..